FIVE STEPS TO TURNING ON A DISHWASHER AFTER LOCKDOWN
Classeq publishes simple guide to help protect warewashing equipment
Classeq has put together a quick guide to getting dishwashers and glasswashers back up and running after an extended shutdown. It’s available to download from the news pages at www.classeq.co.uk and from the company’s social media channels.
In five simple steps it shows how to turn the machine back on safely, avoiding damaging the appliance.
The five steps are:
- Wipe down the interior and exterior of the machine.
- Take out wash arms and filters, rinse them and then refit in machine.
- Top-up chemicals or reconnect lances. Fill water softener with salt if required.
- Turn on water and electrical supplies.
- Turn on the machine and allow to fill.
“Any commercial catering appliance that’s been mothballed over lockdown will need attention before switching on,” says Andy Salter, managing director of Classeq. “This guide gives clear, simple instructions on dishwashers or glass washers – but if there is any doubt about the machine’s operational status then call in an engineer.”